If you are concerned about US energy and climate change policies (and you should be), here are some ways to get involved:
- Join or start a Go The Limit action. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about what you can do, or how you can contribute to our success.
- Download a Go The Limit logo. Place it in a safe (unobstructed view), visible place on your vehicle and carefully drive at, or slightly (a few MPH) below the speed limit when you are safely able to do so.
- Educate yourself. Knowledge is power, and we need people power in order to overcome the purely profit-oriented interests of the global fossil fuel industry.
- Contact your elected officials, at the national, state and local levels. Let them know you are concerned about our energy and climate change policies, and encourage them to act in your in your interests, rather than those of the fossil fuel folks. Go to http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml and follow the links to find out how to contact your elected officials.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper encouraging energy action.
- Start or sign a petition encouraging President Obama to educate and lead on climate change-related issues, or call the White House at 202-456-1111 to express your views. Click here to find one such petition. (Every new signature initiates a petition being sent.)
We also want other, larger, energy, environment and climate-concerned groups to join the action, knowing that our effectiveness will be enhanced by numbers and by cooperation. If you are a member of such a group, please encourage them to contact us, and to join Go The Limit. We have no particular “pride of authorship.” Our goal is to wake up our citizens, and our leaders, soon enough that a livable climate may be preserved for all.